Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gluten Free Chic Nuggets



This recipe is not vegan since my children are not vegan. But I have tons of excellent GF recipes that are so kid friendly it wouldn't be nice to not share :)

This recipe is so easy and pairs really well with anything! My children eat mostly raw veggies so it's always nice when I can add something nice and warm for them.

So here it is, the easiest Gluten Free Nuggets!

Ingredients~
1 c raw walnuts
½ c parm cheese or asiago (whole foods has locally made varieties that are gluten free, but I'm sure you can find GF in a regular grocer)
2 T olive oil
1 large chicken breast cut to desired nugget size (From what my son tells me, when I pound out the chicken breast the nuggets aren’t as tender)

Combine the walnuts and cheese in a processor or blender, chop until the walnuts turn into small granules. Place the mixture in a shallow bowl. Slice the chicken breast into thin strips and gently coat with olive oil. Warm a frying pan on low~ med/low. Roll all of your chic slices in the walnut mixture and place on the frying pan for about 3 min each side, make sure to gently sear each side and not blacken them. Transfer to cooling plate and then serve after a few minutes.

This recipe can also be used with a whole chic breast, but I would recommend pan searing and then baking at 350 for another 15~20 min flipping the breast half way. Serve as a new addition to your Caesar salad or with a spinach and cranberry salad!





No comments:

Post a Comment